compatibility with x64

Sep 24, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Hi.i've a problem with ThinkGearNet dll, i'm programming in .Net C Sharp, my PC have architecture x64, when i create the executable on the option: "release solution" (Publicar proyecto - español - i don't know exactly as is say in english); visual studios C#, generates a install, but not execute in my PC, appears one error: "Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B2" and says that processor architecture is x86, when the architecture is x64.i need a solution for this problem, without changing the processor architecture from my pc.any library ThinkGearNet dll, compiled on processor architecture x64 and x86 not.thanks.

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Ensure you're building the x86 version of the ThinkGearNET assembly, and the project which is consuming it.  This will run fine on an x64 machine, but as a 32-bit process.  The thinkgear.dll file from Neurosky which is being wrapped is an x86 native DLL so everything using it must also be built as an x86 application.

Apr 11, 2014 at 7:28 PM
Hello.

I also have some issues with running your sample code on my 64 bit machine. When I load your project the reference to ThinkGearNet is always broken, but after I delete that reference and then add it again that issue is solved. In build config I set everything to x86. Then the program runs. However the headset can not be discovered. If I try the exe file from your sample code on a 32 bit machine it works straight away. However, my development machine is 64 bit one, so that's were I need it to work. Do you have any tips on how I could achieve that?

Thank you, and of course thanks for providing the code and the wrapper to begin with.!
Coordinator
Apr 26, 2014 at 6:26 AM
I'm not sure why that would matter...are you sure it's not an issue with the bluetooth adapter/driver on the x64 machine vs. the one on the x86 machine?